Saturday, April 13, 2013

Environment Masters - The Photography of Jaroslaw Pawlak

Hi everyone!

Today I'd like to share with you an amazing photographer I stumbled upon last week, which despite not being a matte painter or concept artist, absolutely had to be featured on here as part of my Environment Masters series.

His name is Jaroslaw Pawlak, and he's a Polish poet and musician turned photographer. He now lives in the southern parts of Tuscany, Italy, and found the inspiration for his photographs in a little town called Pienza. When I first saw his landscape photographs, my breath was literally taken away. I hope you will have a similar experience when you see them yourself.

His use of light and color is some of the most brilliant I've ever seen in landscape photography. There is an incredible richness and texture to his photographs, often reminiscent of pastel drawings or oil paintings, which gives a truly magical feeling to the places he captures. I also love his sense of composition and especially rhythm. There is always a strong sense of flow and movement in all of his images.

I tried to find more info about his process, as I was curious to know if he did a lot of color work in post. I unfortunately couldn't find much information about this beyond what is written on his website. If any of you know more about his work, please share. I'd love to hear more about it!

Though I won't post any of those images in the context of this blog post, I encourage you to check out his portrait and commercial works as well. They're equally beautiful.










No comments:

Post a Comment